DIPRA Regional Engineer
Region North : Mid Atlantic – Northeast
The Ductile Iron Pipe Research Association (DIPRA) is a technically based, not-for-profit organization that promotes the proper design and specification of Ductile iron pipe through public advocacy, advertising, research, education, participation in relevant professional organizations and standards writing bodies, and through technical service programs, including direct calls on water and wastewater utilities and their consulting engineers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the Regional Engineer Program is to build working relationships with relevant decision-makers within an assigned region by providing technical information regarding the proper application of Ductile Iron pipe, including its advantages over substitute materials. Duties are listed below categorically.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Vice President – Technical Resources, direct maximum effort toward establishing and maintaining credible professional working relationships with decision makers among the engineering profession and water/wastewater utilities. This is to be accomplished by direct personal promotional calls and providing technical services to individuals and groups that are actively involved in the design and operation of pipelines for which Ductile iron pipe is appropriate, and those that have influence over such pipelines.
- Assist the Vice President – Technical Services in implementing technical research regarding the application of ductile iron pipe. This includes participation in the development, monitoring and completion of new and ongoing research projects.
- Assist in the implementation of all technical programs and services intended to influence Municipal specification development to favor Ductile iron pipe.
- Assist in the recommendation of technical and promotional strategies and initiatives that promote the competitiveness of Ductile iron pipe; and implement approved strategies and initiatives of the Association.
- Assist the President and Vice President in the development of overall strategic initiatives of the Association.Assist in the implementation of those strategic initiatives.
- As directed by the President and Vice President, implement programs, activities, and services to continuously strengthen Ductile iron pipe brand and awareness, including presentations to large, medium-sized and small audiences.
- Recommend, write and present for publication technical, fact-based articles in industry trade journals regarding the benefits of Ductile iron pipe.
- Respond to requests for information, advice and problem solving from engineers, utilities, and others requesting professional opinion, advice, or assistance.
- Advocate a DIPRA agenda with government agencies as directed.
- Conduct field investigations of proposed and existing pipelines in accordance with the policies of the Ductile Iron Pipe Research Association.
- Assist in the development and management of the annual budget. Manage budgets related to the Regional Engineer Program.
- Actively participate and/or chair special committees or task groups within the Regional Engineer Program as assigned.
- Conduct all DIPRA responsibilities in compliance with all laws, including those relating to antitrust and trade practices.
- Respond to other assignments as directed by the President and Vice President.
- Ability to travel 70-80% of the time.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university, with a preference for Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Certifications Registration as a Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within four years. The Corrosion Specialist Examination given by NACE as part of its certification program is expected to be passed within one year after acquiring the experience necessary for this certification. Because of the nature of the job, the Regional Engineer will have acquired this experience after four years of tenure.
- Other Qualifications Possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities socially and intellectually, from pipeline maintenance personnel to top management Perform all principal and other duties and responsibilities in an effective manner
Ductile Iron Pipe Research Association does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Cover letter and Resume to: